Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your opinions on my site please.

Hi folks,

I have just completed my second site using Actinic and could do with some constructive criticism as I am very keen to get this site right. I'm a web designer but this is actually my own project and as such (although I shouldn't say this!!!!) I'm even more keen to get it right cus it's for me

I haven't used this forum much so maybe not in the right place. If not can someone advise?

I would appreciate anyone's opinion on www.glasses2you.co.uk .

Thanks in advance,

Ian Allcoat

Liked the site. I think you have hit a good balance on the amount of information you offer. I especially liked the hints against the selection boxes.

I can appreciate describing driving as a foe activity against polarisation, but I wonder about including skiing in that description? Perhaps you know more aggressive skiers than I do .

I'll be back when I next need a renewal. Cheers.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

I also like the site. Very clear and accessible. Great product too - I'll have a go next time I need a renewal too!

One thing, it's a bit odd that your top section is so much wider than your content & navigation. Maybe you should chop out one of the faces on the right?
      Developer v7.0.5;
      Dulcie Angel Bridal Accessories
      &
      Medscope Medical Diagnostic Equipment

Comment

Well done - a great implementation of Actinic and leading the buyer through a very tricky order process is very well done and easy to follow - well done making it as painless as possible.

Just noticed that clicking against the various frame finishes throws up the same pop-up box rather than the colour clicked against - I realise why this happens (it is all 1 image at the top) - I expect people would like to see the actual finish as the larger pic

Great site with top rate user assistance.

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Ditto what is said above about the colour options being shown. Also the link to £4 trial frames from HERE doesn't seem to send you to the right place.

An excellent site though. Very impressed. The text on the home page (Paying more than you should ..................etc etc) is quite big, is this to aid those who are visually impaired!

Like it though.

J
          www.beatwear.co.uk

www.solelyshoes.com

Comment

Hi, yep it looks liek a very well designed site, one question, I'm designing one and I need to put the navigation buttons on the top of the screen like you have done. how did you do this?
            cheers
            steve

Comment

Thanks very much for taking the time to look. Much appreciated.

Comment

Hi Steve,

I added the buttons at the top to Act_Primary and the Act_brochureprimary templates in Dreamweaver and hard coded the links.

Thanks for looking at my site and good luck with yours.

Cheers,

Ian

Comment

Well spotted Jon. I thought I'd checked every single one of those Trial links. That one obviosly got away.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X