Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading to v6

Hi

I am currently using Actinic Developer Version 5.1.3 (Actinic Developer Partner Pack – free upgrades)

On the Actinic Ecommerce v6 - Known Issues page it states “...This will be fixed in the first maintenance release v6.0.2 due before end of November “. Has this been released? Should I wait for this before downloading v6 and upgrading?

I have several sites working on v5 and on most of them I have changed various templates. One site needs v6 as they have just purchased Order Manger v6, should I “Snapshot Upgrade” just for this site initially?

Also when performing a Snapshot export it is recommended...

“1) All orders have been processed and deleted from Catalog before a site snapshot is created.
    2) All volatile content, e.g. Payments details and Person records have been deleted from Catalog.”

What happens if I want to keep the details of the orders within actinic and don’t want to delete them?

Thanks for any advice

Sue

Has this been released? Should I wait for this before downloading v6 and upgrading?

6.0.2 is currently in the customary week of beta testing. We don't think there are any problems with it, but we tend to do a limited release to partners first before releasing it generally. You can either wait until next week when it will be available generally, or else I can send you the download link privately.

One site needs v6 as they have just purchased Order Manger v6, should I “Snapshot Upgrade” just for this site initially?

I suggest getting hold of v6 and then installing it and then select to upgrade this particular site as you install. This is for no reason other than it takes less time. You can do a snapshot install if you want. It is up to you.

What happens if I want to keep the details of the orders within actinic and don’t want to delete them?

This is just an oversensitive warning message if you were going to email this file or send it through the post. Don't worry about it.

Comment

Could u e-mail / PM me the download link...

Also, you currently have no "off-topic" section in the forum for pointing stuff out in, like the fact there are no Forum Rules pinned at the mo, and posts are appearing in a bit of a bizarre order in comparison to the norm on forums (new posts at top??!)...
      Cheers!
      Marci - <a href="http://www.Over-Clock.co.uk" target="_blank">www.Over-Clock.co.uk</a>

Comment

Thanks for the comments Marci. The order of the postings has now been changed. Feel free to email me directly if you have any more suggestions for the forums.

Plus, you should have agreed to some Ts & Cs when you first registered. I'll add these onto a new page so they are always visible.

Comment

Working...
        X