Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extracting product urls from actinic database?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extracting product urls from actinic database?

Hi there,

I want to be able to export two columns/fields from actinic.

1. Stock Code
    2. Products URL (inc. #anchor if possible)

I would like to do this so I can update a seperate database so it knows the urls for each of our products.

Can this be done?

Kind Regards,

Matt M

you could use the Froogle export for this, as it will have the URL. I assume for stock code you mean product reference

Comment

Is it just me or is it really quite poor that the froogle export doesnt include the #anchor at the end of the urls.

I used the froogle file to upload to a mysql data base and used php to display a random product. Its annoying that when you click on it the link only takes you to the category page where the product could be displayed anywhere amongst 10's of others.

Is there a way to get the links with the #anchors on the end?

Example of my php random product generator using the data from actinics froogle export on mysql.

http://www.manicmayhem.co.uk/randomtest.php

Refresh the page to change products. Click on a product and you'll see what I mean about needing anchors.

Comment

Excel find | replace ?
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

each product has a unique anchor. I think its based on the stock id.. not sure as our products currently have the stock id in the product title aswell.

So unless im missing something I dont think I can use find and replace.

Are urls stored in the access database? I cant seem to find them if they are. Damned actinic and its misterious ways.

Comment

Use excel to open the froogle feed Jo suggested and you will find both url and product id in identified columns.

You need to put these together, and add the extra code needed to take users directly to the product in between.

A search for straight to product in these fora or in the actinic documentation will give you the correct format for the link.
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

The Froogle Mash program from Mole End has an option to link to products rather than product page, if you select this option you will get the product anchors included - having said that is should be fairly easy to add the anchor to the URL in Excel - or even notepad for that matter, just use find and replace to change the tab field separator to #a.

Regards,
              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
              Multichannel order processing
              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
                find and replace to change the tab field separator to #a.
                Duplicate product anchors will need #a1_ (1st copy) #a2_ (2nd copy) #a3_ (3rd copy) etc prefixed to the product reference

Bikster
                SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
                X