Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first ever site/comments please

Hi guys

This is my first ever site, it has took me about 5 months of working most nights and i would very much appreciate it if you could spare the time to have a quick look and let me know what you think. As I say I have never done anything like this before and I have to say this forum has been a godsend for help.

Good or bad feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.

www.aluminium-profile.co.uk
    Karen Nelsey
    www.kjnltd.co.uk

I found the close integration of the two sites made the navigation a little confusing. I usually start with a quick look at the About Us page if one is offered. Your About Us link took me off-site to your second url, and then I clicked around, looking at good quality information, but wondering why you did not appear to be selling anything.

Then I noticed the url I was on and spotted the link back to the shop. Of course - this is a compliment on how well you have maintained your design across the two sites .

The terms and conditions link appeared to me to be buried out of sight at the bottom of the page.

The product presentation, and the general site look - clean, crisp, professional - like the product itself. There are few things left that identify this as an Actinic website, (even the familiar Powered by Logo was missing) and overall I was very impressed.

Personally, I would leave only one clearly labelled link leading to kjnltd and keep customers on the site for all the other information - even if it means duplicating some of it on the two. I found it distracting to be shuffled about.
    Last edited by wjcampbe; 14-Aug-2005, 11:06 PM. Reason: usual spelling - i need new thumbs.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Yes, a good clean site.

2 comments from me - because you have called your shop page shop,html, if someone just types in www.yourdomain/acatalog they get a forbidden message, it is always a good idea to have an index file in every folder just to keep prying eye out.

Bill said you site had pretty well eliminated all traces of actinic - I beg to differ- terms and conditions start with xxx are completely dedicated to your total satisfaction. and Making A Purchase Making a purchase could not be easier. etc etc

These phrases bug me- they are so meaningless!!

Comment

Hi Karen,

when I added something to the cart the navigation list on the left hand side went from about 12 lines to about 30 or so with all interestings things listed - when I was bounced back to the product page they disappeared again and no amount of clicking would get this full list back again. I realise the list is probably available through the product sections but I felt like I was missing out on some great product and offer!

You may also want to take a look at the compression of the images as they appear to be overly compressed as most have quite blurred and fuzzy areas of flat colour. As most of the images I found had quite a narrow range of colours (blue and silver) it may be worth looking at GIF files rather than JPEG's to create better quality of files without compromising the file size and page overheads.

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Nice clean look, liked it a lot

No proices shown on
          http://www.aluminium-profile.co.uk/a...g/T_Bolts.html
          Chris Ashdown

Comment

Thanks everybody for your feedback.

John the reason I don't show all the products listed down the side, apart from in the checkout was because I thought it was just too much all listed down the side, you could be right though, maybe a cascading tree (or whatever they are called), or something when you hover over the list may be an option. Dont want to confuse myself, as I said I am not a web designer by any means.

Thanks again to you all for your time.
            Karen Nelsey
            www.kjnltd.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X