Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thumbs won't display

Hi chaps,

Having trouble getting thumbs to display.

I've tried the method of Advanced-Additional Files of uploading the thumbs (they are all listed in the window there) but still no display.

If I leave the main product image off, the thumb still won't display.

Any other workarounds?

I'm patched to 7.0.4.0.0.0 FEVA

Kind Regards

BF

Can you tell us where you want them to display and post a quick sample of the code you added to display them?
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Are the thumbs displaying locally when doing a preview?

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Sorry, what code?

Hi, the thumbs won't display even in a local preview.

I'm not sure what you mean about code - in the Product Details page I've got the location for the thumbs and full-size image selected.

BF

Comment

I think Bill means are the preview thumb nails actually being added into the original template by Actinic? If you are not even seeing the square box with red "x" error indicating a file not found error it may be possible the template has been modified at some stage and the thumbnail code has been removed or commented out.

If you can post your Act_Productline.html (or whichever template you are using for the products) someone can take a look

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Actually, I am looking for Act_ResultsTemplate.html from the site1 folder, but would PREFER the view source output of the online search, since this is where I expect the thumbnails should show.
            Bill

Comment

Hi, sorry I've been away so long - we've gone into business via an Ebay shop instead in the short term. I know, I know, the designs there are pretty basic... but product is shifting.

Jont and Bill, is this what you meant?

Thanks
              BF

NETQUOTEVAR:INCLUDE Act_ProductSeparator.html NETQUOTEVAR:ENDSEPARATOR NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTFORMBEGIN NETQUOTEVAR:TEMPLATEBEGINXML NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTIMAGE NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTNAME NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREF
              NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTDESCRIPTION NETQUOTEVAR:EXTINFOLINKNETQUOTEVAR:EXTINFOBUTTON
              NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTBEGINLINKNETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTLINKTEXTNETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTENDLINK NETQUOTEVAR:PRICEEXPLANATION
              NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTPRICE
              NETQUOTEVARISCOUNTINFO NETQUOTEVAR:OTHERINFOPROMPT NETQUOTEVARATEPROMPT NETQUOTEVAR:CARTERRORXMLNETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTQUANTITY
              NETQUOTEVAR:ADDTOCARTBUTTON NETQUOTEVAR:TEMPLATEENDXML NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTFORMEND NETQUOTEVAR:NEXT

Comment

Sorry Mik, but thumbnails specified on a product do not show up against the product on the catalog page, but only against the same item in the search results page.

If you want to include a second image on your product page, do a forum search for second image and you will find some solutions posted.
                Bill

Comment

I've got it now, using Extended information, as laid out in the chain you directed me to!

Thank You very much!

Care to look at my site and comment on the navigation/look/feel as well?

BF

Comment

Glad to hear you're sorted out.

Site check - sure thing. Just start a thread in the Any Other business forum and you will get a few willing to help out by offering an opinion.
                    Bill

Comment

Working...
                    X