Offline Order Numbering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Offline Order Numbering

Does anybody know of a way of resetting the Sequence Number for offline orders.
    I know online order numbers can be reset with Help|Troubleshooting but I cannot find a way of changing the offline orders. This is giving rise to duplicate order numbers on using ActinicLink to transfer orders into Sage.
    Mike Julien

www.wheesh.com

You can change the offline order prefix in View | Business Settings on the Order Processing tab - will this work for you?
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion but I'd tried that.

It doesn't work because Actinic Link only takes the last 6 digits from the Actinic Order Number which are those defined by the "Starting Sequence Number".
      Mike Julien

www.wheesh.com

Comment

Then there may be something in this tread you can adapt to your needs,

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...t=order+number
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

I changed ours by editing the database. If you look at the order processing tab, you will see a field called starting sequence number, you need to change this but you don't seem to be able to do this through the interface. You can however open the database, change the value on the table and then the numbers will change. This field is held in the setup info table and this is what the details will look like :

nID nGroupID sName nType sData
          46 8 Last Offline Order Sequence Number 4 0000004
          sData will be the number of your last offline order number, change it to the one that you want.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Bill,

I don't understand Perl so I wouldn't want to risk playing with it, I know my limits.

Jan,

Your a star again, the database change has worked well. Thanks
            Mike Julien

www.wheesh.com

Comment

Offline order numbering

Hi, Could anybody tell me how to alter the database and the table. I cannot even find them. For some reason my offline number has skipped from 1 to 4, so I need to reset back to correct sequence.
              Rob Lane
              www.DATARAX.co.uk

Comment

You need to open the database using Acess (it's called ActinicCatalog.mdb and it in your site directory), open the table called SetupInfo, find the row with these values

nID nGroupID sName nType sData
                46 8 Last Offline Order Sequence Number 4 0000004

and then change the last number to the number you want

Close Actinic before you do this and also backup your database just in case something goes wrong.

Do this at your own risk :-)

Regards,
                Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                Multichannel order processing
                Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Offline Order Number

Hi, Jan... thanks for info and help it worked perfectly(and simply)http://www.datarax.co.uk.
                  Rob Lane
                  www.DATARAX.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by datarax
                    Hi, Jan... thanks for info and help it worked perfectly(and simply)http://www.datarax.co.uk.
                    Just tried again, because some how the sequence jumped again and needed to alter. Did the above steps, but offline sequence number would not change until I had exited Actinic completely and re-entered. just thought I would state this to save someone else from thinking it does not work.
                    Rob Lane
                    www.DATARAX.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                    X