X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

image sizes

Oh Gosh i bet you're all yawning!
    New to all this - still and all those normal embarrassing excuses

1) I have sized my images to 150, but as the shapes of my products vary the layout can look a little messy. Is there anything (quite simple) i can do to unify the photo size displayed?

2) What is the ideal size of a thumbnail?
    3) Does anyone have direct experience of a cube light, do they really work with a domestic spotlight?

Thank you, i'll scoot off now and hope someone replies!
    Cakes Cookies and Crafts Shop
    Cookie Cutters
    Cake Decorating Supplies
    Chocolate Making Equipment

1) Since the size of your photos often varies, try placing a lightly coloured border around each of your photos. For example, each border area could be 200x200, and the images centered vertically and horizontally within the border. That way, the borders maintain a similar appearance throughout the page, but allow you to change the size of the images to suit.

2) At a guess 50x50 pixels. Take a look at the size of a typical eBay listing photo...the user can make out what the item is, but it doesnt take up too much of the page.

3) Havent a clue
    www.gbradley.co.uk
    Web Development, Actinic Patches, Scripts & more

Comment

Adding to Kermy's border suggestion you can try also adding a drop shadow to help lift the product from the page - use carefully to enhance rather than detract from the finished results.

Light cubes are OK for smaller items by diffusing the light - if using domestic bulbs make sure you use the supplied filters to remove the brown hue cast by the light source - you can tinker with the colours in Photshop et al but it can be a pain if you want a quick snap.

Depending on your product they often work well with either a solid black or solid white backgrounds - this will also allow you the easy option to remove the backgrounds at a later stage if required

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
      X