User Created Username & Password

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

User Created Username & Password

Most of the business that comes to my client via the web is new customers. They receive numerous new orders every day and would like users to be able to create their own Usernames and Passwords since this is a time consuming process for the person administering Actinic to have to create them all and email customers the information. Is there any way to do this? It would be exceptionally helpful.

This is not possible I'm afraid.

The quickest method of creating a customer account is to click the 'Create Customer Account' button on the 'Customer' tab of a downloaded order. This will create an account with a buyer, and automatically populate the login name for the buyer (based on teh name of the person who ordered). You then just have to assign a password, click the button provided to email the password to the customer, and upload.

Comment

Chris, do you know if there'll be any kind of factility for the user to create this info in an upcoming version. It seems very administratively intensive to me that the customer has to be created at the client's end, then an email created and emailed to each new customer. Also, the customer then has no way of getting or changing their information if need be.

This seems like a somewhat basic function. If I'm on Amazon, Buy.com, or any other esite, I can see my user info and make changes to it. I would think that this would simply be some kind SQL call to the Access database. Am I wrong here? I would think this would be a highly valuable feature for a future version.

Comment

I agree with this. It would be nice if there was an online customer registration/account management feature.

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Yes I think this would for me be the single most important improvement, we have had to move over to using registered customer accounts so sage doesnt duplicate customers.

At the moment I am going through 5000 customers giving them accounts and logon's, veryy time consuming.

Comment

Smart Decisions sell something to do this, more details at :

http://www.cgi-services.co.uk/off-th...ord/index.html

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Has anyone used this software ? how wexactly does it work ?

Comment

We are looking at an online registration system for a future release - but it is no small deal as Actinic does not use an online database.

I will pass on your comments to the team.

Comment

Thanks Chris...from the sound of it, this would be a highly valuable feature to all.

Comment

Hi all...just wanted to let you know that my client purchased the Password Plus software from Smart Decision. While it's not a perfect solution, it does help immensely. We can now automatically import client information from their invoices and they can set up their own usernames and passwords. All the information comes in and sets up a new user account. Had some problems with the software, but Smart Decision worked long and hard at doing some customization for us.

To be honest, I'd recommend the software. It works well for what it is, and saves a fair bit of time with respect to administration. I can't say enough about Smart Decision. They've been incredible. Big, big thumbs up!

Comment

This would be a great feature

I think this would be great for me as well

As I am going currently try to enter 6000 customers detail
                      and giving them accounts and logon's.

Comment

Working...
                      X