Shipping & Handling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping & Handling

This seems odd. I've had the shipping costs section working reasonably OK until now, I've been tinkering around with trying to get prices right etc.

Now, all of a sudden shipping is not included when you add an item to the shopping cart.

I've checked & checked the settings & can see nothing that I've changed that might cause it.

I am calculating postage by weight, even changing this to quantity or value does not rectify the problem

Hope someone can help as I'm certain it's something silly I've missed

Thanks in advance

Did you previously have 'request location early' operating, and now you don't?
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

I don't even know where that setting is so it's unlikely that I inadvertently changed it.

Bizarrely enough, the problem has 'fixed itself' & I don't know how. I did go through the shipping section with a fine tooth comb & it appeared to rectify itself once I changed to Total Quantity, refreshed the site then set it back to Total Weight ...

Thanks for your reply, it's something I've made a note of in case it happens again.

Comment

OK, it appears the problem isn't fixed, but it may be a configuration thing.

What I want is once a customer adds an item to the shopping cart the shipping price is added. I also need to be able to have them choose their destination as this affects the price.

Can someone advise me on how to go about this ?

The only way shipping fees are shown as I want above is if you proceed to checkout, then go back to view your cart. This is obviously because the cart then knows where to ship to & what the charge is

Comment

There is an option to request location early in View | Business Settings on the Ordering tab. This requires that you use the shopping mode Quantity on confirmation page.
          Bill

Comment

Bill, thanks again for the reply. I have found the option, but it is greyed out which means I am unable to selct it ?

Is this controlled by another variable ?

Thanks

Comment

In Design | Options on the Shop defaults tab, you need to set the global shopping mode to Quantity on confirmation page, then go back to View | Business settings and change the Request location early.
              Bill

Comment

Thanks once again - this appears to now be working

Comment

Working...
                X