Starting with a blank canvas + CSV files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting with a blank canvas + CSV files

Is it possible to start Actinic with just a blank page or do you have to use one of the template layouts?

Also, how easy is it to create a CSV file of products and then import them into Actinic? Then export the catalogue as a CSV file for price increases and import back?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Mel

You need the Actinic variables (NETQUOTEVARS) to drive the process. If you get all the right ones in the right place without using the templates... so yes, it's possible, just very, very hard work and probably not worth the effort.

The easy way to do the csv is to create one product in Actinic and then export that to get the required excel format.

Export, change pricing, re-import is a common usage.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Re: Blank canvas & CSV files

Thanks Bill

I shall give the CSV file a try and I don't think I'll bother with a blank template - it sounds too much like hard work

Thanks again

Melody

Comment

You are best starting off with one of the clean CSS based theems and stripping it down to suit your layout and desired theme - as Bill rightly says starting from scratch is daunting (and pointless when you can easily modify a clean layout to suit)

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
        X