Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transfering site to other PC

Hi,

I've created a site using Actinic Developer and I need to move it to the PC that will be used for running the site.

On the PC running the site will be Actinic Business.

I've looked through the forum and it's clear that I need to take a snapshot of the site from the developer PC and Import it on the new PC.

My question is will the site be imported into the Site1 directory on the new PC, or into to a newly created directory i.e. MySite?

If it is the directory MySite that's created during the Import, will Actinic open by default to this site or do I have to configure Actinic Business to point to it?

Regards,

Andrew

The imported snapshot will replace whatever site that is currently loaded, but will keep the site name. So if you are running a clean Actinic install on this new PC, it will be named Site1.

By the way, I've found it useful to do a full site refresh straight after swapping PCs, for some reason lots of errors can happen otherwise!
    www.gbradley.co.uk
    Web Development, Actinic Patches, Scripts & more

Comment

Many thanks for the reply and the advice on carrying out a full site refresh once succesfully done.

Regards,

Andrew

Comment

Working...
      X