Single Add To Cart Button Missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single Add To Cart Button Missing

Whenever I try to switch to Single Add To Cart Button mode, I get no button at all on the site. I think it's something I've done, but I can't figure out what. Help!

Look in Act_ProductBody.html. Can you see NETQUOTEVAR:SINGLEADD in there anywhere?

If not, add it in.

Comment

Chris...I'll check to see that I didn't delete or comment it out by mistake.

Thanks so much again for all your help. I know I've put a lot of postings up recently and I sincerely appreciate your prompt response to my questions. I'm very grateful for your time and your help.

Comment

Same problem

I'm having exactly the same problem, and my Act_ProductBody.html DOES contain NETQUOTEVAR:SINGLEADD.

Any ideas? The site is http://www.solutions-scratchpad.co.u...og/index.html.

The login username/password is pthorsby.
        Pat Nelson
        vcommunity - the business to business network
        email: pnelson@vcommunity.org.uk
        www.vcommunity.org.uk
        Experts in database integration for Actinic Stores

For web hosting, visit: www.vhost.org.uk

Advertise your company for £1 for a year on www.1000adpages.com

Comment

have you ticked the box for single add to cart button under your product sections not under design options.

you also need to have quantity on product page selected for it to work.

look under your product section and select the layout tab it should be in there

Hope this helps

Darren

Comment

Darren,

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate you taking the time to try and help. Both the "Single Add to Cart Button Per Page" and "Quantity on Product Page" on the Design Options|Shop Defaults Tab are set as they should be.

I cannot set the options in the Product Section because I am not using Sections. I've had this working before, but did some remedial work on the site and now it has ceased working.

Any further ideas?!?
            Pat Nelson
            www.vcommunity.org.uk

Comment

I would suggest you try putting all the products within a section of the store and see if the single add to cart button appears then. If it does then we are looking at a wierd problem with your application which stops single add to cart buttons appearing on the front page.

If it does not appear, however, then there is a setting or a template at fault. Your settings do sound fine, but you may also want to check your 'Single Button' settings in 'Design | Options | Site Defaults'. Also check the content of the 'Act_SingleCartButton.html' and the 'Act_SingleCartButtonImg.html' files to check there is nothing missing from them. You can always copy original versions of these files from 'formats/themes/Business'.

Other than that, I suggest you register an email support query at http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm as someone will need to take a look at your snapshot.

Comment

Chris,

Have tried putting all the products within a section of the store to see if the single add to cart button appears then. It doesn't, which I suppose is sort of good nes.

I have also checked the 'Single Button' settings in 'Design | Options | Site Defaults'. Nothing wrong there. And I have copied the 'Act_SingleCartButton.html' / 'Act_SingleCartButtonImg.html' files from 'formats/themes/Business' and it makes no difference.

I have already logged a support call but they don't seem to know either. I'm getting really frustrated now, because I have to have this site up by the end of today.
                Pat Nelson
                www.vcommunity.org.uk

Comment

Single add to cart

Hi there,

It has come to our attention that this issue is a bug, which has been raised by the developers.

When using Actinic to connect to an external database for updating stock level, Actinic is checking the stock level in hand using the Product table while in fact it is using external DB.

However, below is a current work around either:

Not use single add to cart button

OR

Remove stock monitoring

Trick EC by adding values to the nStockOnHand field in the DB, either directly or by unticking (use external Data) for at least one product for each page, then enter say 100 in stock in hand, press OK then reopen and tick the Use external Data.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, however this bug will be fixed in our next release (ie 6.1.4).

Hope this helps
                  Thank You
                  Menar Khan

Comment

Solution!

Thanks Menar, that works just fine!
                    Pat Nelson
                    www.vcommunity.org.uk

Comment

Working...
                    X