Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-mail stopped working!

Hi all

Our site has been up and running for a few months now and working fine. Last week though it stopped sending e-mails from the site when new orders are received etc.

When I test it I get the following result;

Actinic Mail Test completed successfully

server: passed
    connection: failed
    sockets: passed
    communications: failed
    authorisation: failed

The error message says that an authorised SMTP server has not been set up correctly and to check the firewall and contact the ISP.

I contact the host (Telivo) and they said there has been no changes to the server etc that could cause this problem.

We are still able to send e-mail via Outlook using the same smtp settings and authorisations.

Plus we haven't changed any software on our systems in that time period either. The only problem we have been having is with an unstable wireless internet connection. Could a file have been corrupted somewhere during an FTP upload?

Many thanks in advance for anyone who can help shed some light on this!

Claire

It's possible. You could try changing the password to some nonsense, do an update, then change it back to the real password and do another update. At least that way you won't have to do a full refresh.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

I'm afraid Outlook sends from your local machine and Actinic from your server, so one cannot be used to check the other.

I have not seen a specific fix for Telivo, but first off, if you are on a *nix host, I would suggest you try the generic 'fix' by changing the server to localhost and NOT requiring username and password.

Please come back in this thread if that does not work, and supply more detail about the type of server you are on.
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

localhost worked!

Thanks Bill. Setting the smtp to localhost has worked and e-mail is back up and running! Can't thank you enough.

Thanks Mike too for your reply. I was going to try that fix next.

Claire

Comment

Working...
        X