CUSTOMVAR's in popup windows..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CUSTOMVAR's in popup windows..

I want to put custom varibles into my popup windows but when I put them in they dont work. Is there something I should be doing to make this work?

I have not tried this, but several things spring to mind that are worth checking.
    Have you added your Customvar name to the list in Design | Options and ticked 'use as customvar' and allocated a default value (can you allocate an empty value)?
    Do you specify a value for the customvar in the product you are opening the popup from? Have you added the customvar in a visible area of the popup template?
    hth
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Yes to all of the above. It just prints out in the open window CUSTOMVAR:POPINFO (popinfo is the variable name) which leads me to belive that Actinic isnt reading the CUSTOMVAR's at all.
      At the mo Im working on using JS and a variable in the URL query string to pass the information into the popup, trouble is its turning into a plumbers nightmare for no real gain

Comment

Well, I just tried this on my own site and it worked flawlessly. In Actinic, I navigated to one of my products that uses an extended info popup and from that page I clicked the edit button beside the layout description, to ensure I edited the correct template.

I inserted <br>CUSTOMVAR:ALTRIGHTBARTEXT after the NQV:EXTINFO and before the </TD>.

The default contents of my CMV showed up on the popup page. Which extended info layout are you amending? My test was with Act_ExtendedInfoLeftText.html.
        Bill

Comment

Bill - out of interest is your CMV a globally specified value or are you adding the details locally (against each product)

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Just tried it both ways. The local over-rides the global. I am testing local, not on the website, but I have no reason to expect it would work any differently.
            Bill

Comment

Thanks for that

Bikster
              SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Didnt need to go down the JS route after all (damn! I thought I had a use for a natty URL grabbing code )
                What I was doing was having a completly seperate HTML script for the popup and then a javascript: popup command in the general>description part of the product.
                This was not working because its not a template, but then what I did was make a link in extended information and made the original HTML script the template for the popup, Bobs your uncle the jobs a gud un!

Comment

Working...
                X