Help with Posting site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Posting site

Can someone help - I'm losing the will to live... ! I have successfully uploaded a site once, edited a page in dreamweaver and uploaded it..realised I had made a mistake and wanted to reload from actinic catalog v7. I deleted the files on the server and tried to uploaqd from actinic but keep getting "error whislt trying to merge" and the site does not upload. I have tried un-ticking "use enhanced ftp", I have tested my server settings and it reports everything as fine..and i have tried using both passive and non passive ftp...
    Please help, my mrs is sick of me swearing...

More info

I have the site loaded..following the now predictable "an error occured whilst merging" notice... the site is sort of functional, but the store sections have disappered on the left.. the URL is www.eurobulbs.co.uk ... hh hhh heeelllppppp !

Comment

The idea is to edit the templates in Dreamweaver, but still allow Actinic to build the page and do the uploading.

Do you have a snapshot from before you made these edits? If not, try copying the basic Act_Primary.html from Actinic v7/Themes/Smart back into your site1. That should get you operational again.
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Lets see

tanks for responding..I'll try it...

Comment

Nope...nothing...

The preview in actinic looks fine...but i just cant upload it..
          nothing has changed on my server..I think...

It just keeps saying "error trying to merge..."

Comment

OK - try Housekeeping | Compact Databases - select both, then try again once you restart Actinic.
            Bill

Comment

Nope

I have compacted both databases, my advanced settings check out ok, the site look ( basic) but ok in the preview browser... but it will not upload...
              error trying to merge messages again...

Comment

Ps

thanks for trying by the way ... Im all out of ideas this makes no sense to me..
                the preview looks ok, the advanced web settings test ok..I cleared everything off the web host for a clean install..and yet "error whilst merging files"..every damn time...
                Is this actinics' way of getting people to pay the £280 for the customer service line ?!

Comment

OK there is one last thing which has been recommended for this merge error problem - select 'use enhanced ftp' in the Advanced | Network Settings.

If not, you can raise a support ticket at http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm and they will respond - they will probably need your snapshot to look at.
                  Bill

Comment

thanks..

thankyou for you help, much appreciated...

I'll try actinic..see what they recommend,

cheers

Comment

I have had this error in the past.

Using a FTP program I manually removed all the files from the server and then did a full refresh of the website.

You sometimes get that error if the upload stops halfway through for one reason or another.

Regards

Jason
                      www.qualitysilver.co.uk
                      Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
                      Zirconium Rings
                      Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

For a merge error, I remove all the .fil files and all the .cat files from both site1 and the server

Comment

Hi there

For a merge error, I remove all the .fil files and all the .cat files from both site1 and the server
                          For Version 7 this can easily be done in "Help | Troubleshooting", click on "Website Purge and Refresh", tick "Delete .cat and .fil files" and click on "Delete and Refresh". This will remove the .cat and .fil on your site folder as well as the server, and get Actinic to upload, so it regenerates the files again.

Kind Regards
                          Nadeem Rasool
                          SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
                          X