Duplicate product query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate product query

I want to duplicate a product I have elsewhere as a stand alone product to be a component as part of a kit comprising several items, but to restrict the quantity to 20 only, whereas the original product is orderable in singles. Is there any way of doing this, as keep control of the stock level of the product is very critical, and I don't really want to have separate product codes.

(hope I've explained this OK)
    Miranda Stamp
    Twinkle Twinkle
    www.twinkleontheweb.co.uk
    Cloth nappies, natural toiletries, organic baby clothing, potty training aids, slings and more...

Hi there

I can't see a way of doing this, because you cannot set a minimum or maximum quantity for the duplicate product. This comes from the master product.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Ok - anyone got any ideas as to how I can do this without a stock control nightmare. We export into Sage and I really do need to keep tabs on the quantities of the individual items in Sage for re-ordering purposes, though I suppose I could keep re-allocating the individual stock to the kit stock as required, but I know somone probably me will look at the stock (plenty) and forget to check the kit stock (minus quantity) before failing to reorder!

I need to restrict the customer to order either 15 or 20 of the item (which comes in a choice of colour and size) as a component part of a kit comprising several items but the whole kit is priced at a reduced rate compared with buying the components individually, I also want the customer to be able to select several add-on 'extras' to the kit (at full price) if she wishes
      Don't want much do I?!
      Miranda Stamp
      Twinkle Twinkle
      www.twinkleontheweb.co.uk
      Cloth nappies, natural toiletries, organic baby clothing, potty training aids, slings and more...

Comment

Miranda

One thing to try is to have one 'master' stock control product (which uses the Sage product reference). Make this product hidden. Don't put any quantity restriction on this item.

Then use this product as the associated product for the kit, as you are doing at the moment, and put the quantity restriction on the main product of the kit that people purchase.

Then you can also have a 'dummy' standalone product, with no quantity restriction, that has a non-optional component with the 'master' stock control product as the associated product for the component.

Then in the dummy product details, set the pricing model to 'Sum of Component Prices' and select 'hide order line for main product'.

Hope that makes sense.

Comment

Working...
        X