Serach image resize thumbnail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serach image resize thumbnail

Hi, in search setting V7 businees, is there anyway to use the product thumbnail instead of the main product image for search results. I ask as if a searh page shows 20 results each with a scaled down product image it make the page take forever to load. Could actinic set the search function to work with thumbnail images in the future. Is there a worka round for this.

Kind regards
    wesley thorne
    Treasure Island Sweets

Wes, search does work with thumbnails, but you have to specify the thumbnail file on each product. (Just below where you specify the product main image)
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi, thanks, i see that this is a new feature in V7, have been using V6 until now. Does this thumbnail box only apply for search results.
      I have my products laid out in subsections in V6 so when I upgraded yo V7 I have no thumbnail info for V7.
      Is their an easy way to link up to these thumbnails.
      thanks
      wesley
      Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Hi Wesley

Yes you are right this is a new feature in version 7, you can use the thumbnails in checkout stages but that all. For the information to appear in the thumbnail info, you could export the catalog to a csv file and copy the product image name to the thumbnail image name. If you knew SQL you would write a query in the "ActinicCatalog.mdb" database, but i would advise in first backing up your data.

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
        X