Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calculation of prices

Hi
    The printed catalogue I'm trying to reproduce in Actinic quotes prices including VAT. Prices need to go into Actinic ex VAT (because we want the VAT reported correctly on invoices etc.) so I have to calculate the ex VAT price. Some prices are then shown incorrectly on the web site due to rounding errors e.g. a price which in the printed catalogue is 17.99 appears as either 18.00 or 17.98 and my client is not very understanding of this discrepancy! Any ideas on how to get Actinic to show the VAT inclusive price of 17.99 AND calculate VAT element?

Thanks

For the specific example you cite, £15.31 will give the correct charge - but I guess that was just an example.

You need to select 'Custom Tax' in the 'Tax Treatment' drop down for a product, and then enter the VAT amount in pence.

You will then need to go to 'Design | Text' click 'Go to' and go to prompt ID '219'. Change:

(Including: %s)

to read

(Including: VAT)

...which prevents wierd tax values from appearing in the product HTML.

Comment

Many thanks for your help - this works a treat. I guess it would be best to do all the prices like this rather than just the ones that have rounding errors so that I can write an Access query to change them if the VAT rate changes.

Comment

Working...
      X