quick search in search template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quick search in search template

Hi, sorry for all my questions, i have been looking but carnt find the answer.
    I am trying to put the quick search function into my main search results template. So that i hav ethe smae look throughout the site. I have put the quicksearch on the homepqage and i guess it should be the same proceadure. At the moment when a customer searches for a product they are taken to the results page but the results page doe not show the quick search box anymore. Instead it moves the search function to the bottom of the page. Any idea on which template i need to add the quick search function to.
    Thanks
    wesley
    Treasure Island Sweets

I found this response from Actinic in an earlier thread.

Normally the Overall layout for the search template is the checkout primary template, this can be found in "Design | Option | Layout" and "Checkout Primary Template".
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi,

The simplesearch variable is removed from the main search page, so to keep it there, you should view the source of a page that has the quick search option of your online site. Search for 'simplesearch' and copy the code from the <form> tag before this to the </form> after it. Paste this into your checkout primary template in place of NETQUOTEVAR:SIMPLESEARCH. This will stop it from being removed in the search and checkout pages.
      Tracey
      SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
      X