Uploading an older version of my site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uploading an older version of my site

Hi - i am having trouble uploading my site after making ammendment - the issue is basically that an older version of the site is being uploaded. I

ts very strange - as if none of the files in my SiteHTML folder are being uploaded. However, I cannot resolve the issue and have resorted to manually uploading from my SiteHTML folder to the /acatalog folder via FTP - i know something is up - can anyone enlighten me

Graeme Mackay

Are you making the changes inside Actinic or manually changing the generated files?

If you are changing the same files your are uploading via FTP then these are changed outside of Actinic and it will not know that changes have been made.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hi - I am uploading outside Actinic because a site refresh or upload will not update my site correctly - older versions seem to be uploading. However, when upload from the SiteHTML folder via FTP (outside of Actinic) the correct pages are loaded??

Comment

Actinic creates the files in the sitehtml folder based on the templates and then uploads them to the server.

Are you editing the files in the sitehtml folder (wrong) or the templates (right) ?

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Definitely the templates - however since upgrading to version 7.0.4 I get the following warning when attempting a site snapshot:

Warnings
          The following files have been found in the site folder, these files have the same name as a generated file which is referenced by one or more templates.
          fooddrink_supplements.html
          Light_Heart_Single_Essences.html
          Skin_Care_Products.html
          Aus_bush_Single_Essences.htm
          Living_Essences_Individuals.html
          FlowerEssences.html
          dessert_alchemy.html
          Composite_Formula_Essences.html
          South_African_Single_Essences.html
          Original_Product_Range.html
          FES_quintessentials1.html
          Light_Heart_Flower_Essence_Combinations.html
          Aus_bush_Comb_Essences.htm

Can you help here - not 100% what its telling me but I suspect a conflict of some kind

Comment

Sadly, a feature of actinic is that if you create a direct link within a template for navigation then actinic wants to copy the file linked to into the snapshot, even though it's a file that actinic creates itself.

Usually the error is that it cannot find that file, though these warnings are benign.

I can't think why it's looking in the sitehtml file for those files though.

If I were you I'd delete all the offending file names from the sitehtml folder. It appears that sometimes the 7.0.4 upgrader copies the wrong files in there (or the site1 folder?). See: http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=15380

Mike

Comment

Hi - so you mean i should delete all files that appear in the snapshot warning from my site 1 folder?? Will this deal with my first enquiry - that of older versions being uploaded

Comment

Yes, I would delete the offending files if they appear in the the site1 folder as the chances are that actinic is uploading them instead of from the sitehtml folder.

If you have any doubts then copy them into another folder before deleting them. Better safe than sorry.

Mike

Comment

Thanks - yes deleting seems to have done the trick - not quite sure why all the Site html file were thrown into the Acatalog folder though -

Comment

Working...
                  X