Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic and CSS

Hi all,

I am experiencing a bit of a problem with Actinic 7.02 Developer. I am currently developing a site that makes heavy use of CSS. The problem seems to be that anything defined as a class with a background image does not get copied across to the PreviewHTML folder and thus does not display correctly when previewed either in IE or internally in Actinic itself. If I manually copy and paste the correct image files into the PreviewHTML folder, then the preview works as expected.

Why don't the images get copied across in the first place?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards
    Phill

Actinic generally only likes images called from within itself eg product images, add to cart images etc - anything added in via say Javascript or CSS includes are often uploaded to the site but do not always show in the local preview. Best to always add the extra files into actinic under "additional files" and then also put copy in into the preview folder. Usually good practice to keep any additional images and files in the root of the site and not into an /images folder also !!

HTH

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for that. As a rule of thumb I always keep images in the root folder anyway but this one really baffled me!

I've never had to use the 'Additional Files' bit before...

I also had a real headache just trying to get some of the CSS stuff to work correctly anyway - got there in the end though.

Cheers!
      Phill

Comment

Originally posted by eighteentee
        I also had a real headache just trying to get some of the CSS stuff to work correctly anyway - got there in the end though.l
        Spent 7 hours on Saturday just getting a CSS navigation flyout to work under Actinic that worked fine in a standalone environment - my already thinning hair took another beating

Bikster

Comment

Actinic and CSS is really a pain. It's the worst I have ever seen.

Comment

I think it might be 'Browser-name' and CSS. I have non-actinic websites which cause me just as much grief when it comes to implementing CSS.
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Trying to remember to look in the TEXT id settings is the pain as more often than not there is something in there which overides your new CSS settings with a more "local" setting

Bikster

Comment

Working...
              X