Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping Calculations with weight & value

Dear All,

My catalogue is set up with shipping levels set on values at the moment. I want to change the settings to something as follows:

£0.00 - £60.00 carriage at £6.00
    £60.01 - £130.00 carriage at £10.00
    £130.01 + carriage free.

This i can set with no problems at all, the problem I have is that 1 of the items cost £25.00 but weighs 12.5kg, so someone could buy 5 of these pay only £10 carriage for something that will cost in excess of £25 to send.
    Can i make this particular item exempt from those carriage costs?? Or can I make it work on weight for that item?

Thanks for looking
    Mark

You cant mix shipping types unfortunately. You can set the heavy item in question to "ship seperately" against that particular product but that means if they order say 3 they will be charged 3 times the amount.

Another option is to average out the costing on the heavy item and build some into the product price depending on how many you are likely to sell at any given time and take the "rough with the smooth" approach

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

It looks to me that if you have the setting on value rather than weight then you cannot do anything with the ship seperatly button as it is greyed out.
      Although this is not the best solution i feel it is the only way round my problem.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
      X