Acatalog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acatalog

I'm trying to upload to an ssl server on fasthost. currently have linux package but ssl servers are all windows based. to get onto ssl i have been told the catalog needs to be uploaded onto the SSL server.

Is there anyway of taking the .jpg's out of the acatalog folder so that they can be stored on the Linux server as i only have limited space of the SSL server.

Hope this makes sense

Thanks
    Olly

Not recommended even if you can do it, as it'll lead to pop-ups on every page about the web page "containing secure and un-secure elements" and does the visitor want to continue anyway.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

The main site should be on the normal server and just the checkout goes onto the SSL server - see View | Business Settings | Payment and Security | SSL on Checkout Pages and Customer Login Only ... under Network settings make sure you have the correct paths to the SSL server set up

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

the problem i've got is that i can't switch between Windows 2003 servers and Linux servers, just for the shopping cart.
        I think the only choices i've got is to either:

host the whole site on the SSL server
        Swap the hosting package to a windows 2003 server (not recomended)
        use another host to host secure pages
        Use another host for the whole site

Any ideas as to what to go for or any other options i've got?

Thanks
        Olly

Comment

If you really have that limited space on the SSL server I would be inclined to move everything to another host so as to keep everything together. There are some deals around at the moment also offering your own SSL Certificate for a year (if you don't already have one)

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Although i have been told that i cannot upload to both secure and non-secure servers, i appear to have successfully done so. Almost.

The trouble i appear to be having now is that if something is added to the cart from the non-secure server and then the customer proceeds to the checkout, the cart is emptied. the customer then has to add the items to their cart again to proceed.
            Is there a way of transfering the items from the cart on the non-secure server to the cart on the secure server?

What i have noticed is that when the customer then goes back to the store to reselect their products, the site stays on the secure server. (see www.test4less.co.uk)

Is this why i've been told that the whole site needs to be uploaded to the secure server?
            If i do need to upload to the secure server do i need to forward www.test4less.co.uk to the secure server address?

hope this makes sense
            Thanks
            Olly

Comment

Hi Olly

Responded on this thread: http://community.actinic.com/showthr...6425#post76425

Kind Regards
              Nadeem Rasool
              SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
              X