Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with navigation buttons

Hi there,

I'm just starting to out my first Actinic site together and am getting on pretty well but have a little problem with the Navigation bars.

On my Brochure template I am using the HEADERGUIDE and have added my additonal pages & relevant buttons which all appear wonderfully. Problems I have are:

1) How do I remove the Home button from the top of the list. I have already replaced this elsewhere on the page using a NETQUOTEVAR command. I've removed the info from Design | Navigation but to no avail.

2) How do I re-order these buttons? At present the link to my catalogue pages appears at the bottom and I really want it either at the top or ideally the second button down.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Ruth

You may find it worthwhile ditching the Actinic navigation for the main nav bar in favour of your own as it can be quite limiting on what can be done with them plus you can then easily re-arrange or add and delete accordingly to suit your page design.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Think I might well do this - can I still use the NETQUOTEVAR commads for my individual buttons/links? if so, how do I find out what they have been called? Do they just follow the page titles?

Cheers

Ruth

Comment

Download the advanced user guide from the Actinic site, there is a dictionary of NQV s in it

Comment

I think I know the AUG off by heart now but I still can't seem to find out the name NETQUOTEVAR names for new brochure pages, only the default ones for home, search, logout etc. i.e. I have created a brochure page called Authors.html and added the links to my buttons but what would command would I use to call this, if it's possible? NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBAUTHORS ?

Comment

Hi Ruth,

I'm afraid not, these navigation buttons for the brochure page are controlled by "NETQUOTEVAR:HEADERGUIDE". You can't break them up, I would suggest in create your owns buttons with your own links.

Kind Regards
            Nadeem Rasool
            SellerDeck Development

Comment

Nav Items

I've found the text nav system easier to use.
              If using a template using text navigation you can get nav items on your homepage and product pages to be the same.
              Firstly edit NETQUOTEVAR:HEADERGUIDE and NETQUOTEVAR:FOOTERGUIDEin the files Act_BrochurePrimary.html and Act_Primary.html so they both read NETQUOTEVAR:HEADERGUIDE NETQUOTEVAR:FOOTERGUIDE
              This gives you a common nav bar.

If you then create a brochure page in the catalog section of your site, it will appear in your nav bar. If you don't want that page to appear in the nav bar just make it hidden. You will then need to link to the page directly from somewhere in your site using a hard link such as "http://www.yoursite.co.uk/acatalog/yourpage.html" otherwise that page won't appear using the search tool.

Other items in the text nav bar can be controlled from Design}Options

I hope this helps.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Is there anyway that a CUSTOMVAR can be created for these brochure pages so that they can easily replace the HEADERGUIDE?

Comment

Hi Olly

Yes it is possible to do that, a customvar can have html coding for its value. But it might be easier just to simply hardcoding the images and link into the "Brochure Primary" template.

Kind Regards
                  Nadeem Rasool
                  SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
                  X