Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic v6 database into v7

Hello all,

Is it possible to copy across a Catalog v6 database (MDB) file over to v7 and it work correctly?

Just having a major headache upgrading a customers site from v6 to v7 so just created a newsite fresh in v7!

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers

If you put the V6 database into the V7 directory, Actinic will upgrade it to a V7 database for you. So in other words, go for it!

Regards
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

So, will it run the site upgrader and ruin my nice new templates?

Comment

No, it will just upgrade the database when you first start up the application. That is so long as you just copy over the actinicCatalog.mdb file and not your templates.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks Jan - I'll give it a go. Just out of interest, do you know how to 'repair' an Actinic installation asside from just re-installing it? The reason I ask is because my Developer 7 has decided not to 'exit' any more. I have to end the task to get it to quit.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers
          Phill

Comment

What 'exit' options do you have set? It almost sounds as if you have a backup or snapshot set up but a corrupt or huge database is causing problems for you.

Regards

Comment

Hi Jan,

I don't get any exit options. As soon as I either close Actinic with the X or got FILE | EXIT it just hangs... The same happens if I go to HELP | ABOUT

Phill

Comment

That sounds weird, I would suggest taking this one to Actinic.

Regards

Comment

Working...
                X