Affiliate discounts / charitable donations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Affiliate discounts / charitable donations

We're linking up with a couple of charities to offer a donation whenever one of their members buys products online with us, something like:

"20% of your order goes to charity XYZ"

How can I do that? We don't have registration, so we can't use customer groups, but we would like the customer to identify themselves as wishing to donate to the charity.

I can see how coupons can help me with discounts, but the customer isn't getting a 20% off, the charity is getting 20% of the order value.

So what I think we need is a way for the customer to type in a code, so that the order value remains the same, but we can report on the code's usage in order to send the cash to the good guys.

Any ideas? Thanks!
    http://www.thegigrig.com/

Design | Text - Web site(contd) General Information, and use one of the User Definable Prompts?
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Actinic has a referrer script that will track orders from people who've followed a referrer/affiliate link.

look in the advanced user guide / knowledge base for 'referrer' to see how to use it.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Think you may be trying to do the same sort of thing as me "affiliate commission based on sales". Basically, individual customers quote a code on the checkout page that relates to a third party. This needs to be picked up and manipulated so to calculate the third party commission. Sorry, I'm not sure how quotes between threads work but Mike [Olderscot] may have provided the answer for both of us:

"Actinic stores the order details in an access database. This can be queried using access or excel to get the information you want. If I can find some spare time I'll create a simple spreadsheet to bring in the order totals and referrer info and post it here for people to use and/or modify. Mike"

Thanks again Mike - hope this helps you too - good luck.

Comment

I've now posted a simple spreadsheet here: http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=15832

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Working...
          X