firefox rendering of pages - very different

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

firefox rendering of pages - very different

Just trying out a couple of themes - The 'Smart' and 'bestseller' themes with a view to updating these for a client site.

None of the background image gifs show up in Firefox. C'mon guys... what's the crack here? Shouldn't the HTML be a bit more standards compliant than this? Or am I missing something obvious?

Dunno

not sure who you are getting at here, browser compliance, HTML standards or Actinic?

Comment

Try running your page URL through www.netmechanic.com. It's a bit pedantic, but it will find any holes in the code.

Bob
      Supporting the environment. This post uses 100% recycled electrons.
      Bob Isaac
      Director/Web Admin
      Volvo Owners Club Ltd

Actinic MS Business Version 8.5.2

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
        Dunno

not sure who you are getting at here, browser compliance, HTML standards or Actinic?
        Sorry for sounding a bit short there... but Actinic, I guess, as its their template. Why provide a template that doesn't work?

The layouts work fine in IE but look terrible in Firefox as the background gifs are not showing up.

Is there any way of getting them to render properlyin Firefox?

Comment

May be best to strip out the background images and put them into the CSS body function which will also allow better positioning and compatability.

I have not experienced any issues specifying background images via Actinic to be honest - what file format are you using?

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hi there

Sorry Chris, but you really going to need to put a bit more information on what you are trying to do. We in Support use Firefox and on a default site of 'Best Seller' and 'Smart Theme', without any issue. Many of our clients uses the Smart theme on this forum, and they also use Firefox. If there was an issue with these theme with regards to the templates, we would hear about it.

Also Chris Dicken has mentioned in this thread: http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=12139 that:

Actinic v7 stores comply with all the 'Priority 1' guidelines provided by the W3C, and most of the others (Priority2/3) as well. There are a few guidelines that Actinic stores cannot comply with (such as only using HTML tables for tables of data, and not just for layout) as there is no easy way to make the stores work without them.
            So please could you add in a bit more. Like Jont has written what file format are you using, what code you putting in?

Kind Regards
            Nadeem Rasool
            SellerDeck Development

Comment

Originally posted by Nadeem
              Hi there

Sorry Chris, but you really going to need to put a bit more information on what you are trying to do. We in Support use Firefox and on a default site of 'Best Seller' and 'Smart Theme', without any issue. Many of our clients uses the Smart theme on this forum, and they also use Firefox. If there was an issue with these theme with regards to the templates, we would hear about it.

Also Chris Dicken has mentioned in this thread: http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=12139 that:

So please could you add in a bit more. Like Jont has written what file format are you using, what code you putting in?

Kind Regards
              Cheers Nadeem

Attached is a screen shot from the affected page.

The site has been created from an imported site taken freom a client's snapshot. Using Actinic V7.

All I've done is to apply some of the themes from the list. I've not updated the template or amended it in any way. The background gifs are all missing. The PC is running Windows 2000, Mozilla 1.0.6

Site looks fine in IE6
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi there

Thats a bit strange. When you set the background image, was it via the Actinic User
                Interface? (I mean via "Design | Option | Site Default"). Have you upload this site to a test server? If so, please could you give us the URL.

Kind Regards
                Nadeem Rasool
                SellerDeck Development

Comment

Originally posted by Nadeem
                  Hi there

Thats a bit strange. When you set the background image, was it via the Actinic User
                  Interface? (I mean via "Design | Option | Site Default"). Have you upload this site to a test server? If so, please could you give us the URL.

Kind Regards
                  Not set up on a server yet. I've viewed the preview HTML files from this PC and another in the Office. Everything is fine in Mozilla on the XP based machine. The machine that's having the problems is running Win 2K.

So the HTML that's being output is, as you say, ok for the template I'm using.

Any suggestions?

Comment

Some <DOCTYPE> declarations can cause a broken page with Firefox that works OK in IE, or maybe IE fudges it better.

Bob
                    Supporting the environment. This post uses 100% recycled electrons.
                    Bob Isaac
                    Director/Web Admin
                    Volvo Owners Club Ltd

Actinic MS Business Version 8.5.2

Comment

Working...
                    X