Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question - hopefully its not too stupid !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question - hopefully its not too stupid !!!!

I was just browsing some of the other forums and found something that confused me .

I thought that when I edited the Act_BrochurePrimary and Act_Primary templates they changed the feel of ALL the other pages in the shop. However, after reading the post "http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=15541&highlight=trial+server", I think I am wrong.

So I think I have to edit the Act_CheckoutPrimary template to make it look like the rest of my site. So my questions are:

1. If I change the checkout layout to sidebars down both sides will this automatically change this template to look like my others?
    2. What other templates do I need to change?
    3. Is there a way of previewing these pages or do I have to upload my site onto the Actinic trial server and view them there?

Thanks for the help,

Graham

Under design and layouts your can specify to use the Act_Primary template against the shopping cart - this will keep your design and side bars as per the rest of the site rather than editing other templates which then will then require editing if you change the rest of the site

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hi there

3. Is there a way of previewing these pages or do I have to upload my site onto the Actinic trial server and view them there?
      In Developer you have the option to view the checkout pages in offline mode, but for Catalog and Business, you would need to upload it to the trial server.

Kind Regards
      Nadeem Rasool
      SellerDeck Development

Comment

The AUG details how you can turn your PC into a server. This enables you to demonstrate or test your store offline. I assume this method will also show the basket and checkout pages.

Myles
        www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Working...
        X