Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search problems

Hi,

Trying the site out on the Actinic trial space and encountered some fundamental problems with search:

1) The search was initially working and now it just returns a 'cannot find anything' message...

2) The search page has also adopted the cart template for the message - rather than going to the primary template.

Help gratefully received - my problems are stacking up !

As I mentioned in a different reply I get the impression that since Actinic is new to you, you have possibly made changes which have wrecked your installation.

If I were you (given that you are on a learning curve) I would completely change themes to regenerate your templates, and then change back to your chosen theme. And then upload to the server. Test that everything works.

Now start on customising again, this time keeping a back up of all changes, and continually upload, so you can always back track.

If you follow this type of learning you will end up understanding how Actinic works and with a site that both works and is stable and amendable. If you keep building on a dodgy base your site will eventually implode.

Comment

BTW the answer to Q2 is that is standard behaviour. Search uses the checkout template rather than act_primary

Comment

Thanks again...

As per before - I think it was an upload issue, as it now seems to have corrected itself again.

Regards

Comment

Working...
        X