Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expanding subsection layout

Hi,

I wish to have, in my left hand side bar, a menu which displays the section names with the subsection names underneath. I have looked at the advanced user guide and implemented the Javascript version of this. However I would like to modify it slightly so that the subsections will only be displayed if the parent section link is pressed.

I have looked at Normans dynamic menu, and liked it but would like to be able to implement this myself if possible. No dynamic linking is needed.

So in summary i would like to modify the existing javascript code so that it only displays the subsections if the parent section link is clicked (i.e. it will only display one list of subsections at a time).

Is this possible? Has anyone else managed to implement this?

This is definately possible. I haven't looked at Norman's scripts, but I would attempt it this way: create two CSS classes, one which displays the subsection links normally, and one which removes them from the page with the display:none property. Then, when the parent link is clicked, a function simply assigns the hidden class to every subsection, before applying the visible class to the subsections you want to show. That way only one subsection group is shown at any time.
    www.gbradley.co.uk
    Web Development, Actinic Patches, Scripts & more

Comment

Thanks,

I'll give this a try!

Comment

Working...
      X