Hide ... select Invoice location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hide ... select Invoice location

I want to completely hide ... Select Invoice Location on the first checkout page as I only supply the UK.

I have trawled through past threads and found info that suggested commenting out NETQUOTEVARS and adding in hidden input.

I tried that and yes it did go (as well as the Select Delivery Location and the different delivery destination check box underneath it) and was quite pleased until I went to Invoice Details on the second checkout page and checked the different delivery destination box that is there and found that all it did was send me back to the first checkout page and not to the different delivery address form anymore.

Any suggestions on what to do now. Or is there a simple way that I have missed.

Hi there

Try this, go into "View | Business Settings | Tax". Select "Advance" if you are using Simple Tax. Now in the "Tax Zone", select "No Tax leived". Please make sure "Do not allow 'None of the Above' as a zone member" is ticked. Wants you have done that update the site.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi Naddeem

Your method did not hide the select invoice location, but did get rid of the annoying drop down box, leaving United Kindom as the only destination possible.

The only problem now is I seem to have a Tax Exempt Table that is not quite right,see here...

Notice the line below is not in line and how do I get the table to be the same width as the rest.

Must be a simple answer, thanks for the help so far.

Comment

Hi Nadeem,

My link did not work,so trying again click here and proceed through checkout to Invoice Address Page

Comment

Hi there

Go to "Advance | Template Manager | Ordering | Order Phase 1". This should open "Act_Order01.html" in notepad. Now do a search for "TAXPROMPT000".
          You should see a table above it, remove "CUSTOMVAR:ACTSTDWIDTH" and put in your own value.

Kind Regards
          Nadeem Rasool
          SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi,

I tried that but nothing changed. This is what I was changing:

<!-- Tax HTML begin -->
            NETQUOTEDEL:TAXPHASE
            <span class="actregular"><b>NETQUOTEVAR:TAXTITLE</b></span><br><br>
            <table border="0" width="CUSTOMVAR:ACTSTDWIDTH" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2">
            NETQUOTEDEL:TAXPROMPT000
            <tr>
            <td bgcolor="NETQUOTEVAR:CHECKOUTBG">NETQUOTEVAR:TAX1MESSAGE</td>
            <td bgcolor="NETQUOTEVAR:CHECKOUTBG" align="RIGHT">NETQUOTEVAR:TAX1DESCRIPTION&nbsp;&nbsp; NETQUOTEVAR:TAXPROMPT000
            <input type="CHECKBOX" NETQUOTEVAR:TAXEXEMPT1CHECKSTATUS name="TAXEXEMPT1" value="YES">
            </td>
            </tr>
            NETQUOTEDEL:TAXPROMPT000 NETQUOTEDEL:TAXPROMPT001
            <tr>
            <td bgcolor="NETQUOTEVAR:CHECKOUTBG">NETQUOTEVAR:TAX2MESSAGE</td>
            <td bgcolor="NETQUOTEVAR:CHECKOUTBG" align="RIGHT">NETQUOTEVAR:TAX2DESCRIPTION&nbsp;&nbsp; NETQUOTEVAR:TAXPROMPT001
            <input type="CHECKBOX" NETQUOTEVAR:TAXEXEMPT2CHECKSTATUS name="TAXEXEMPT2" value="YES">
            </td>
            </tr>
            NETQUOTEDEL:TAXPROMPT001 NETQUOTEDEL:TAXPROMPT002
            <tr>
            <td bgcolor="NETQUOTEVAR:CHECKOUTBG">NETQUOTEVAR:TAXPROMPT002</td>
            <td bgcolor="NETQUOTEVAR:CHECKOUTBG" align="LEFT">
            <input type="TEXT" name="TAXUSERDEFINED" size="100"
            maxlength="255" value="NETQUOTEVAR:TAXUSERDEFINED">
            </td>
            </tr>
            NETQUOTEDEL:TAXPROMPT002
            </table>
            <p>

<HR SIZE="1" WIDTH="CUSTOMVAR:ACTSTDWIDTH" align="left">

NETQUOTEDEL:TAXPHASE
            <!-- Tax HTML end -->

Within the <table> tags I removed "CUSTOMVAR:ACTSTDWIDTH" and changed to "100%" and then "600" but nothing altered.

Within the <HR> tags I removed "CUSTOMVAR:ACTSTDWIDTH" and changed to "100%" and then "600" but nothing altered and so the HR line is still in the wrong position and the table is less wide than those above and below.

Any ideas (apart from removing the table all together... which when removed the rest work fine.

Any ideas.

Kind regards

Rob

Comment

Hi there

Would you mind attaching you're act_order01.html to this thread please, so I can have a look and sort it out for you.

Comment

Originally posted by James M
                Hi there

Would you mind attaching you're act_order01.html to this thread please, so I can have a look and sort it out for you.
                No problem I have attached as .txt
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi there

Please try the attached file, unzip and save to you're site1 folder - its a good idea to backup the existing act_order01.html before overwritting it.

I set the table width that contains the tax details to 600, applied it to a default site here, and it looked fine.

Let me know how it looks for you.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by James M
                    Hi there

Please try the attached file, unzip and save to you're site1 folder - its a good idea to backup the existing act_order01.html before overwritting it.

I set the table width that contains the tax details to 600, applied it to a default site here, and it looked fine.

Let me know how it looks for you.
                    I tried it and literally copied it over the existing existing act_order01.html file in Site 1

I assume thats ok, but it did not rectify the problem. The line is still wonky and the table is not same width as others.

Any ideas now.

Comment

The actual template you need to change is Act_AdvancedTax.html.

Locate this line

<TABLE BORDER="0" CELLSPACING="2" CELLPADDING="2">

and change it to read

<TABLE BORDER="0" CELLSPACING="2" CELLPADDING="2" width="CUSTOMVAR:ACTSTDWIDTH">

That should do it.

You can also change the 'HR' tag at the bottom of this template to remove the 'align=center'

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
                        The actual template you need to change is Act_AdvancedTax.html.

Locate this line

<TABLE BORDER="0" CELLSPACING="2" CELLPADDING="2">

and change it to read

<TABLE BORDER="0" CELLSPACING="2" CELLPADDING="2" width="CUSTOMVAR:ACTSTDWIDTH">

That should do it.

You can also change the 'HR' tag at the bottom of this template to remove the 'align=center'
                        This did the trick, thanks alot for the help!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X