Required Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Required Options

At the moment, the company I work for would like to create a listbox for "How did you find us?" however want it as a required field. Meaning, if a person is checking out through our site with an order they've made, we want to be able to have the list of how they found us in their view and make it a required field for the time being to gather data. Rather than simply having the option but allowing customers to simply pass over it. Any help appreciated.

I must be getting the hang of this - I don't know how to create options as in a scroll bar that would provide your possible answers (if anyone else does, I'd really like to) but to make a required field asking where someone heard of your site you can go into Design, Text, Web site (cont) - on the lower tab menu click on general information and in, say, user definable field 1 change your prompt text wording to suit you "where did you hear about our site". If at the top of the tab bar you have "show all" ticked you can tick the box against user definable field 1 to make it a required field.

Hope that's what you needed.

Comment

Thank you very much for your response Spark. Unfortunately, I had run through the program and tried that. We have the field checked as required however people are able to continue through the checkout and on to the paying field for some reason.

Comment

They are probably getting a default value of 'Please Select' - see this thread http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=4512
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thank you very much for all of your help. It looks like the problem was solved with the info in that thread!

Comment

Working...
          X