Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taking Credit Card details at Zero Price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking Credit Card details at Zero Price?

Hi
    I'm sure I've seen a solution to this one before however my search results are not playing ball.

We sometimes enter into email conversations with customers from AUS and NZ who wish to order products that are not necessarily displayed online but require to send us their secure credit card details.

One way of doing this (I thought!) is:-

We offer free gift wrap - where the customer adds it to their cart priced at £0.00. However, if this is the only product taken thru' to the checkout phase, then no choice of payment is given (obviously due to zero price)

In fact it is defaulted to "Invoice and Payment before Delivery" when the order is downloaded

Anyone got any ideas as to how this could be achieved?

Thanks
    Patrick

Hi there

If the product price is set to 0.00, then it will by pass any credit card pages.

I have tried seeing if there is anything that can be done with shipping, i.e. setting the shipping to be 0.01p for the weight of this free product.

That didnt appear to work either, so I have just asked our development team to see if they have any suggestions to you're quesry, I will let you know when I hear back from them.

Comment

Hi there

Just tested it out on a different server, and one thing you can try that works is set the product to be free, but give the product a weight and the weight in Views | Business settings | Shipping and handling can be 0.01, then that way the credit card page will be displayed for the customer to enter their card details.

The customer will be charged 0.01p, but apart from that there isnt a way I can see to get them to enter their card details.

Hope that helps

Comment

James Hi,

Thanks for your help - indeed, I thought the same thing i.e use shipping and charge a penny each time but I'd have to change all mention of free giftwrap throughout the site which is a pain. Still, will await a solution to this at some future date

Cheers
        Patrick

Comment

Working...
        X