How do I alter my product template....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I alter my product template....

Basic question, so apologies in advance.

How do I add text to my product templates? I assumed I would just need to type some text into the 'full description' section on the 'general' tab on product details but that doesn't seem to do anything.

Also, I'd be really grateful to know how I edit the product templates i.e text sizes, position of 'buy now' button etc. I can't seem to work it out.

Thanks - Nick
    Trying to squeeze my moneys worth out of V7 - but not for much longer!

Top tip for editing the Act_ProductLine.html template is to add in temporary <table> and </table> tags at the start and end of the template look for the first and last <tr> tags and put <table> before the first and </table> after the last... this allows you to see the table for laying the products out... you will need to delete these out before saving and previewing back in Actinic.

Once you can see where the table and cells are sitting then it is easier to add in the text and move the NETQUOTEVAR's which handle the add to cart, product description etc

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

It is easier to edit your templates using web editing software eg Dreamweaver, Frontpage etc as this allows you to see the tables and layouts in WYSIWYG mode although you can use Notepad if you are familiar with HTML and table structures

Bikster

Comment

Hi Jont - I use dreamweaver. I think i've put the tags you suggested in correctly, but i'm still not seeing it in WYSIWYG mode. Have I done something wrong?

<table><!-- ProductLine HTML begin -->
        <!-- Insert HTML for the top of the individual product -->
        NETQUOTEVAR:INCLUDE Act_ProductSeparator.html
        NETQUOTEVAR:ENDSEPARATOR
        NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTFORMBEGIN
        <table><tr>
        <td rowspan="2" valign="TOP" align="CENTER"> NETQUOTEVAR:TEMPLATEBEGINXML NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTIMAGE </td>
        <td valign="TOP" align="LEFT" colspan="2">
        <a name="NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTANCHOR"><span class="actregular"><b>NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTNAME</b></span></a>
        <span class="actxsmall">NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREF <br>
        NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTDESCRIPTION&nbsp;NETQUOTEVAR:EXTINFOLINK</span>NETQUOTEVAR:EXTINFOBUTTON
        <br>
        <span class="actxsmall">NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTBEGINLINKNETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTLINKTEXTNETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTENDLINK
        NETQUOTEVAR:PRICEEXPLANATION </span><br>
        <b>NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTPRICE</b><br>
        <span class="actxsmall">NETQUOTEVARISCOUNTINFO </span>
        <span class="actxsmall">NETQUOTEVAR:OTHERINFOPROMPT </span>
        <span class="actxsmall">NETQUOTEVARATEPROMPT </span>
        </td>
        </tr>
        <tr>
        <td align="LEFT" colspan="2"><span class="actxsmall">
        NETQUOTEVAR:CARTERRORXMLNETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTQUANTITY<br>
        <Actinic:ACTIONS>NETQUOTEVAR:ADDTOCARTBUTTON</Actinic:ACTIONS>
        </span>
        NETQUOTEVAR:TEMPLATEENDXML
        </td>
        </tr></table>
        NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTFORMEND
        NETQUOTEVAR:NEXT
        <!-- Insert HTML for the bottom of the individual product -->
        <!-- ProductLine HTML end --></table>

Comment

Too many table tags - remove <table> just before <!-- ProductLIne and </table) after ProductLine HTML end--> refresh and that should show up in WYSIWYG mode

Bikster

Comment

John - very belated thanks for this. However, I now realise that i've been trying to edit the wrong template which is why I couldn't make head nor tail of it! When GWW built my site they built a custom prod template called gwwAct_ProductLineLarge.html - I hadn't realised, so sorry for wasting your time.

It does lead me onto a new question though - how do I redirect actinic to a different product template - I presumed design|options, but I can't see anything. Am I barking up the wrong tree?

Cheers - Nick
            www.theperfectpad.co.uk

Comment

Hi Nick,

you can set the desired product template against each section under the Product tab and default layout or globally under Design | Options | Layout | Product Templates

Bikster

Comment

Fantastic - Thanks John.

Comment

Boxes Around Product-Title-Cart Button &amp; Price

Nice Website http://www.theperfectpad.co.uk/Lounge.html

how would i get the dashed box in my template, what do i need to alter

rgds darre

Comment

Darren,

Look at the source of that Perfect Pad Page. You will see

<table width="150" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" bordercolor="#999999" class="prodbox">

and that class="prodbox" tells us to look in the actinic.css (as this is the only CSS file mentioned in the source) and we see

.prodbox {border: 1px dashed;}
                    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thankyou Norman.

I change the line in my Act_primary file and added the other line into actinic css.

boxes now working fine.

darren

Comment

Working...
                      X