Help! Need to regenerate results.html

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! Need to regenerate results.html

For some bizarre reason, our primary site directory does not have a local results.html file in the SiteHTML folder. I deleted it from our server in order to try to resolve some search problems and refresh, but now that file is needed.

How can I get Actinic to regenerate this specific file for me for the hard drive?

Please HELP! Our search will no longer work. www.uniformcorner.com

Christy

Actinic generates the files from the templates in site1 - if you hit the upload button in Actinic it should create the required file and place it on your site.

Did you hardcode a path for the results.html file? Your site is looking for the file on the D: drive.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Bill,

I don't have a D: drive, that is the server path that Actinic wizard determined was appropriate.

I have checked everywhere for the results.html file for our site. We have two other sites in which I can find their results.html file in the appropriate directories on my hard drive.

I still need Actinic to generate this file for me so I can have it locally. Any way of getting that to happen?

Thanks!

Christy

Comment

Nice looking site BTW

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

You could try Advanced | Generate website
          Bill

Comment

Bill,

That was one of the first things I tried. No luck there either. At some point Actinic generated that specific file. It must surely be able to do it again somehow?

I checked into some older backups and it isn't there either, apparently it has been missing for some time. I find it very odd that our other two sites have it in their appropriate directory, but I can't copy them into this site because it picks up the design and characteristics of the others, even when I change the hard coded addresses.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks!

Christy

Comment

Have you deleted any of the templates from site1?
              Bill

Comment

Nope. Ours is also a custom Act_Primary design if that helps. All the themes though are still intact.

Comment

Christy,

When you upload from Actinic to your site, then a local copy is created in SiteHTML. If you have uploaded since you deleted the file from your website, and it does not now exist there is a bigger problem somewhere than just one missing local file copy. I think this is a case where you should prepare a snapshot and contact Actinic Support directly. From the snapshot, they should be able to work out what is wrong.

Sorry, but I am afraid to suggest anything that might make the problem worse.
                  Bill

Comment

Bill,

Thanks very much for trying, I will do just that. I'm awaiting an answer from US Actinic support but I do what I can.

Thanks!

Christy

Comment

Hi everyone, unfortunately this problem is still ongoing. I have a support request with both the U.S. and the U.K., though I had to leave the state for several days and just got back this morning. I provided my personal email address but it wasn't used.

Can anyone answer why Actinic would not automatically regenerate this file the same way it does the others?

Comment

Christy - if you quote the reference number you received in the response email from Actinic, then the support people (Nadeem, Chris, James et al) who frequent the forum can check progress on that.
                        Bill

Comment

My UK ticket is 00059778. I made the mistake of emailing a tech directly with a snapshot who had helped me in the past and he didn't notify at my out of town email address that I had to fill out the form on the site.

My US tickets don't have reference numbers but are still listed as Open and New on in the control panel.

Hope that helps!

CHristy

Comment

Hi Christy

Your UK support ticket has ben received today and wil be dealt with by one of our technicians before long.

One thing to check in the meantime it to ensure that 'Generate CGI Templates' is selected in 'Design | Options | Miscellaneous'

Comment

Chris, thanks very much! A tech named Suresh was the first I contacted last week and sent a snapshot too if that is any help.

Comment

Working...
                              X