Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anybody print orders using gotomypc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anybody print orders using gotomypc?

hi,
    I'm trying to fix up the business so that my shop can print out actinic orders to process. We want the database to be kept somewhere else so we're using gotomypc. It works fine for viewing the orders but the gotomypc program seems to destroy the print driver every time I try use to the remote printing feature. I'd be really interested to know if anyone is using this successfully because I'm beginning to think that something in chain of events is actually impossible.

As a second strategy does anyone know a simple way of saving a data entry report as a file that I can transfer across. I'm about to look into mole end software to see if that will help. Do you have any other ideas?

Many thanks,
    Megan
    www.compendia.co.uk
    Compendia Traditional Games and Puzzles
    www.toogoods-games.co.uk
    Wooden carrom board handmade in the UK

You may be able to write the report as pdf.

I use PrimoPDF which allows you to print a file as a pdf doc

Comment

A PDF printer will not do the full job that you need because you will need to type in a filename for each order that you print. Try out our free trials (as discussed in email), they should save you a lot of time.

You should try it as well Jo, it works really well.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Woops I was assuming the data entry report was just one report.

Personally I don't use it, as all our products are shipped by suppliers, using the copy of the email sent to customer

Comment

Megan,
          I don't use GotoMyPC so I can't help there, but if you're going to be operating across sites I can recommend that you look into VPN - Virtual Private Networking. Basically - extending your computer network securely across the internet. Our shop and office are a mile apart but using VPN all the PC's and printers form part of the same network. I can print from a remote PC directly to a local printer; remotely control PC's using RealVNC (which is a free utility that does what GotoMyPC does); and share files between sites (I use SecondCopy to backup critical files between sites overnight).
          The only cost is a pair of VPN-capable broadband routers (around £70 each, but this also gets you a nice solid hardware firewall). There are no ongoing costs.
          Not trivial to set up, but once it's working it's indispensable.

Cheers,
          simon
          Cult Pens
          Cult Pens

Comment

Working...
          X