V6 Email problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V6 Email problem

My domain host requires a password for smtp email access.
    I'm using V6 which will not allow password input - I know V7 does, but who want's to upgrade for anthing up to £399.00 if there is another way!.

I have seen that there is a sendmail patch available by Norman Rouxel which works with Mail::Mailer module but this is not compatable with my host (bluedomino.com).

Can anybody help?.

Try using 'localhost' as the name for the smtp server. 9 times out of 10 that will work, even if authorised smtp is required.

Mike

PS. If this doesn't work, tell us who your host is as many on this forum have experience of different workarounds.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Someone else has patched my patch to directly work with SendMail (which may be available on your system). It's somewhere on these Forums.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks for the info.

I have checked with my host and they say I can get access to MailMailer but suggest I use SendMail.

At this time I've had no luck finding the SendMail patch that you talk of Norman - done a search for sendmail and all the responces are for your's, but will keep looking.

Thanks again!

Andy

Comment

We're having a similiar problem using a BT RTG server.

We've tried localhost but to no avail.

Should the E-Mails get sent via the SMTP virtual server or do we need to configure Outlook Express on the server? (which we have also tried)

We have found that we can send mail out using Outlook Express and have that Actinic E-Mails are being sent if we put the recipients domain as a remote domain within IIS but all other mail isn't being sent.

It'd be impossible to enter all of the domains as most are unique to the user.

A file is being created in the Badmail folder on the server - an extract of it is:

--9B095B5ADSN=_01C5B2309372C9B800000001www.dhbdirect.co
          Content-Type: message/delivery-status

Reporting-MTA: dns;www.dhbdirect.co.uk
          Received-From-MTA: dns;www.dhbdirect.co.uk
          Arrival-Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 16:43:47 +0100

Final-Recipient: rfc822;michael.fallaize@dowelhurst.net
          Action: failed

--9B095B5ADSN=_01C5B2309372C9B800000001www.dhbdirect.co
          Content-Type: message/rfc822

Received: from www.dhbdirect.co.uk ([192.168.12.2]) by www.dhbdirect.co.uk with Microsoft SMTPSVC(5.0.2195.6713)

Has anyone seen this message before and know how to resolve it?

Many Thanks

Comment

This thread recommends a solution using mail-fwd for windows based servers http://community.actinic.com/showpos...83&postcount=1
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Pleased to announce that I have now got Normans send mail patch working.
              Thanks Norman - keep up the good work.

Regards

Andy

Comment

Working...
              X