change front page template question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

change front page template question

hi, I have amended my primary template in actinic V7 business, I have added several custom things to it, is it possable to select this new ameneded template for the front page, checkout and other templates or do I have to manuly alter the other standard templates to match my newly changed primary template.
    I know I can select whatever template i want in design/options but will I need any special code copied over.

Many thanks
    wesley
    Treasure Island Sweets

Hi there

If you have hardcoded extra code into you're own primary template, all you need to do is apply you're custom primary template to the entire site, firstly save you're primary template to the site1 folder, then go to Design | Options | Layouts, for the Default overall layout, click select then browse to the file you have created - the text in the drop list will change to state you're own file name - i.e. act_customprimary.html, now if you simply copy this filename, and paste it into all the other primary template fields (e.g. login page layout, checkout pages layout) that you want to use you're custom layout.

Apply the changes, and upload you're site.

Hope that helps

Comment

Working...
    X