broken links

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still not sure on this.
    I have attached an excel spreadsheet to show where I put the .htaccess file. I think this is the root, but there is no folder designated as www as you can see in the attachment. However, the webpage does not redirect when I click on it, so I must need to change something.
    If this is starting to get too complex, I'll maybe try someting else.

Thanks
    Attached Files
    www.calmncomfy.co.uk : Improving well being and enjoyment of life - Naturally

Comment

Move it to htdocs as this is the parent of the acatalog folder.
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks
        I've tried this but the redirection is still not happening. Any other suggestions would be appreciated on the .htaccess method.

Otherwise as a last resort I will try renaming and re-titling dodgy pages again and trying to use the refresh meta tag method explained on the URL

http://search.msn.co.uk/docs/siteown...directcode.htm

Apparently I need to put some code into the page header, but I am not sure the procedure for this in Actinic. Does anyone know how, if I do have to go down this route?

Comment

It should be in the htdocs folder as suggested by Bill.

Looking at the file you've attached to this thread, I have to say it doesn't look right to me.

What it should say is:

Redirect Permanent /acatalog/Magnetic_Braclets.html http://www.calmncomfy.co.uk/acatalog...Bracelets.html

(all on one line)

i.e. the old file name as referenced from the .htaccess file then the full file name to redirect to.

copy and paste this into your text file, check it's all in one line, upload to your server and rename to be .htaccess

It should then work.

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Thanks
            Ive tried that too but still not redirecting. It is all on one line if I maximise my notepad window.
            Looks like it's the end of the line on this one!

Comment

It's strange.

Copying and pasting the text above doesn't work as the forum software is shorting the full url for the page, but even so if the htaccess file was working then it should redirect to an error page.

As it there's no sign of the redirect working. Without seeing what's happening and what's not it's hard to debug.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Working...
              X