Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you use multiple images for the logo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you use multiple images for the logo?

Hi

Does anyone know if you can use multiple images for the logo. I am thinking of the company name followed by an picture.

If so, what would I have to do?

Also if I wanted it to fill the length of the screen what size would it need to be?

Many thanks

Melody
    Last edited by MelodyW; 04-Sep-2005, 03:06 PM. Reason: Another question

The company name followed with a picture can be done in several ways. The simplest would be to add both items into the same image (using Photoshop, Paint etc) and specify the complete image under Actinic.

If the resulting file size is going to be quite large you can split the images down into several slices and directly place these into the Act_Primary template rather than specifying them under Actinic.

Fitting the image to fill the screen can be done but as you don't know what the screen size of the viewer is going to be let alone the resolution they have it set to you should never set a full sized picture - plus the file size could be massive and take ages to down load.

The trick is to create a 3 column table set at 100% where you want the picture to be - the left hand column is a fixed sized and would typically incorporate the main company logo. The far right column is a fixed sized and includes a message, text of choice etc. The centre column does not have a fixed width and you fill this with either a solid colour or a repeating background - that way the 100% table stretches to 100% of the screen ragardless of the size - the left hand and right hand columns are of a fixed width so will always so their contents properly - as the screen or window size expands or shrinks the centre column expands or shrinks to fit thereby giving the illusion that the image fills the whole of the screen.

HTH

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Re: Can You Use Multiple Images

Thanks for your advice.

I will give that a try.

Thanks

Melody

Comment

Working...
      X