Cleaning up Search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning up Search

I created a custom field called "Theme" and made it searchable. This allows a customer to search for products based on theme - Chistmas, Easter, etc. There are several options displayed that no longer have any products associated with them. Where is this list stored? I'd like to display only those themes that contain products.

Thanks!
    -------

Pat

Hi there

The drop down list for you're custom search is made up from the property values you would have entered, by the sounds of it, you have created properties within particular products, if you look at a products details, then go to the properties tab, you can see if you have set up a property value within there, if the value is the one you dont want appearing in the list, you can simply remove it.

If they are not in there, you may have set them up within the section, look in a section details, and go to the properties tab, again you can remove the property from there if you no longer require it.

Hope that helps
    ________

Comment

I'm confused, though, because when I do an advance search for the values that I don't think are in use, no results are found. Does that sound valid? I was assuming the list would be built of only terms in use, and would display in the advanced search only if there was something to display for the term.
      -------

Pat

Comment

It would only appear in the search results if you ticked the search box on the property referred to in post #2.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
        X