Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anchor links

Hi,
    I am new to Actininc, so apologies if this is a stupid question, but I can't find the answer I am looking for.

I would like put anchor links into sections within my brochure pages, but can't get standard html anchors to work. Is there a way to take someone to a particular fragment on a page?

Thanks in advance,
    Jane

Standard html anchor links in the form <a name= for setting the link point and <a href=#name for the connecting link work for me within a page. You can see this in action on our FAQ page.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi Jane,

I've set up an "anchor" fragment immediately above the fragment where I want the customer to be directed to (I can't remember if this was necessary - it may be that the code could be inserted at the top of the fragment above any other html, but anyway, I've separated it out). So I have a fragment called, say, photographer_X Anchor, follwed by the fragment photographer_X Details.

The code in photographer_X Anchor is as follows:

!!<
      <a name="photographer_x"></a>
      <p>&nbsp;</p>
      >!!

Later, within a product page 'full description', I have included the following code:

Photographer: <a href="photographers_and _artists.html#photographer_x">Name of Photographer</a>

where "photographers_and_artists.html" is the name of the brochure page within which I have added the anchor fragment as detailed above.

(Got a horrible feeling I've made this sound more complicated than it actually is).

You can see this in action by clicking on the name of the photographer on most greeting card pages.

Hope this helps,
      Susan.

www.CardsAtYourFingertips.co.uk
      Innovative and Original greetings cards for all occasions

Comment

Sorry Bill you beat me to it there - that's what happens when you waffle on too long in giving an explanation!
        Susan.

www.CardsAtYourFingertips.co.uk
        Innovative and Original greetings cards for all occasions

Comment

@Susan - the only thing that saved me was I did not make my usual spelling mistakes and have to go back and correct. If I was in normal all thumbs mode - you'd have beaten me by five minutes
          Bill
          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thank you both

Thanks Bill and Susan. I'm not sure why I couldn't get this to work the other evening, it works a treat now. It must have been getting late, but your examples gave my brain the kick it needed :-)

Jane

Comment

Working...
            X