Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop basket redirect + Java applet questions

Hi,

It's Monday morning and I've got a few of questions that I need answers to please:

1) How would I stop the basket redirecting back to the page of the product added? Ideally once an item has been added to the basket, the site should stay on the basket page and give the shopper the option to 'continue shopping' or 'checkout'.

2) We've had a few problems with people not being able to use the Java applet to enter their credit card details (which we assume is down to their browser settings). Which file is loaded for the applet as we'd like to examine our server logs to see how many people have loaded that file vs how many orders we've received.

3) Is it possible with Actinic to have a 'mini Basket' visible on each page telling you what you've placed in there with a link to the full basket for deleting/order products?? Kind of like what Amazon et all do down the righthand side sometimes.

Cheers,

James

If you can only answer one query, please do so! It would really help with my development.

Thanks!

Comment

This is not an answer but

your question 3 has been raised a couple of times and as yet i do not believe there is a work around, i would ideally love to do away with the basket bounce page and just have a box that states "item added to basket" click ok

Cheers
      Darren

Comment

1) Go to Design > Options > Shop Defaults, and set 'Bounce Page Delay' to 0. This will keep the user on the confirmation page until they click away.
        www.gbradley.co.uk
        Web Development, Actinic Patches, Scripts & more

Comment

Thanks for the help people, those 2 problems solved!

Anyone able to tell me the filename for the secure Java app?

Comment

Hi,

If you look on your server within the 'acatalog' folder you will find a COM folder and also 2 zip files encrypt.cab and encrypt.zip. These contain the class files that are loaded when the secure applet is in use, if you look at the bottom lefthand corner on the browser displaying the secure applet you will see "Applet COM.Actinic.Catalog.EA started".

Hope this helps,

Kind regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

Isn't the java applet issue a problem with some versions of XP not actually having the neccersary java components to handle this type of processing ? In which case there will always be some customers who can't enter CC details. For this reason I've gone down the SSL route - another tale of woe filling lots of other posts.

Comment

Yes, that will always be a problem unless every user on XP downloads the Java(TM) 2 Platform, without it on the machine the persion will always face problems with placeing orders on a site using the Applet.
                Bruce King
                SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                X