Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Page title/page name

Hi all
    So So new to all of this and feeling more than a little daunted, my questions will be only for the patient!

What oh what is the difference between page title and page name. What are their relevance to the search engines.

And any help on meta tags etc would be appreciated. No i'm not lazy i have read stuff on the internet.....just struggling to understand.

I'm not thick just meta description meta keywords challenged, can someone show me a simple example...

Thank you

Page name = the URL address for the page in question
    Page Title - not quite sure,on full details but seems to be:
    1) Wording that appears at the top of the window when viewing that page.
    2) Used as the underlined expression for search engines results on a term. I think having meta keywords similar to page title helps your search engine rankings.
    I am not really an expert though.
    www.calmncomfy.co.uk : Improving well being and enjoyment of life - Naturally

Comment

Meta Description should be a plain english sentence describing what the site is about but should be keyword heavy......

Meta Keywords are, a, list, of, words, seperated, with, commas, to, index, what, is , important, on, that, page.

Take care not to repeat the keywords over and over on the same page as this can be penalised as spamming the search engine. Take a search on the forum for the subject as there are lots of theories as to their use and worth.

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
      X