Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

section line layout - automatically change colour/template.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

section line layout - automatically change colour/template.

Title is a bit confusing.
    Probably best if you look at the attached jpg which shows what I want to do with my section layout.

What I'd like to know is if it possible automatically display categories using a different colour or theme for each without having to apply the different layout manually to each category in actinic.

I want to create 4 different colours/themes which display in 3 rows so that when displayed it looks a little bit random.

As I say probably best to view the attached jpg,
    Help welcome,
    regards
    Bangers
    Attached Files
    Boxhedge New Media Design
    Design and development solutions for SME's.
    Tel: 0118 966 2786
    Examples of work can be found at http://www.boxhedge.com

The "easy" option wold be to create the sections links as a complete GIF file - text and all and then edit out the superfluous text sction name etc from the Section template.

The other option would be to create a customvar for the colours and try specifying these in the section level properties - I am not at a Actinic PC at the moment so not able to check the CMV is carried over.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

First option definetly isn't a goer, just using images is where I'm moving away from.

The second option could have legs as long as I can use a customvar in a css file but still there is the problem of having to change to colour manually within each section layout. Ultimately I'm tryin to avoid this.

What I probably need to do is (if possible) produce a custom sectionline template which includes the 4 colours, then fix it so that it wraps after every third entry.

Does anyone know what happens if the section line html looked like this:
      Code:
      <TABLE width="200" BORDER="0" ALIGN="left" CELLPADDING="5" CELLSPACING="0" VALIGN="TOP" class="description">
        <TR> 
          <TD width="150" ALIGN="left" VALIGN="top"> <div align="center"> <A HREF="NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONLINK" >NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONIMAGE</A><br clear="all" />
            </div></TD>
          <TD ALIGN="left" VALIGN="top"><div align="justify"><b><a href="NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONLINK">NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONNAME</a></b><br />
              NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONTEXT</div></TD>
        </TR>
      </TABLE><br>
      NETQUOTEVAR:NEXT<TABLE width="200" BORDER="0" ALIGN="left" CELLPADDING="5" CELLSPACING="0" VALIGN="TOP" class="description">
        <TR> 
          <TD width="150" ALIGN="left" VALIGN="top"> <div align="center"> <A HREF="NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONLINK" >NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONIMAGE</A><br clear="all" />
            </div></TD>
          <TD ALIGN="left" VALIGN="top"><div align="justify"><b><a href="NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONLINK">NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONNAME</a></b><br />
        </TR>
      </TABLE><br>
      NETQUOTEVAR:NEXT <TABLE width="200" BORDER="0" ALIGN="left" CELLPADDING="5" CELLSPACING="0" VALIGN="TOP" class="description">
        <TR> 
            </div></TD>
        </TR>
      </TABLE><br>
      NETQUOTEVAR:NEXT
      Would it take a unique section in each table or would it duplicate the same section 3 times?

regards
      Bangers

Comment

Would it take a unique section in each table or would it duplicate the same section 3 times?
        Using NETQUOTEVAR:NEXT as you have done would mean that a block of three sections would be laid out correctly with the one sectionline template.

In other words, it should have the desired effect.

Comment

That's great, couple more questions though:
          1. To avoid the colours appearing as 3 long columns of the same colour I would like to use 4 colours to break up the pattern a bit. Does anyone know how I could do this?

2. If I do use the format what happens if the sections aren't divisble by 3, what would happen to the last column and what would I have to do if the last coloumn had only 1 or 2 sections in it?

Thanks for the help so far.
          Regards
          Bangers

Comment

1. To avoid the colours appearing as 3 long columns of the same colour I would like to use 4 colours to break up the pattern a bit. Does anyone know how I could do this?
            Can you not just add another...
            Code:
            <TABLE width="200" BORDER="0" ALIGN="left" CELLPADDING="5" CELLSPACING="0" VALIGN="TOP" class="description">
              <TR> 
                  </div></TD>
              </TR>
            </TABLE><br>
            NETQUOTEVAR:NEXT
            ... block to the bottom of the file in order to create a fourth colour?
            2. If I do use the format what happens if the sections aren't divisble by 3, what would happen to the last column and what would I have to do if the last coloumn had only 1 or 2 sections in it?
            It will be fine. Try it and see.

Comment

This all seems great.
              I'll give it ago in a minute.
              I'm assuming the 4th section will just wrap to another row? But hey I'll see when I test it.

regards
              bangers

Comment

Working...
              X