Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant download orders - error messages / server probs

Hi there

I recently posted about not being able to publish any files to my webspace. This was due to fiddly network settings. I thought this was resolved as now i can upload / refresh the catalog contents without any errors.

However, when i click Download Orders and try to recieve any orders (still only testing at this stage) - I get the following error message:

Actinic received an request forbidden error from the web server. The server is not properly configured to allow Actinic to run CGI scripts from the cgi-bin. Run Web | Configure Web Site Details... to review your web site configuration.

If you keep re-trying this an order or two may get in, in part. Quite annoying but i dont know how to remedy this.

Any thoughts? I can produce network settings for anyone, and provide details of configurations within actinic if anyone has a hunch?

You could check that the acatalog folder has permissions set to 755. If this was set to 644 it could cause problems reading orders.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Hi - it was actually already set to 777, i changed it to 755 but it hasnt seemed to make a difference. Bit worrying!

If anyone else can advise that'd be great! Cheers.

Comment

Change that setting back to 777, then ask your host if they have done anything on the server that would have changed file ownership or limited the ftp connection time.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

This is what i've sent to my customers hosting company, Dataflame (hopefully they can resolve this as its a pretty crucial element of Actinic to be able to download an order!!):

Hi there

I am producing an Actinic Version 7 website for one of your hosting
          customers, Mind The Bump. Some time ago i was struggling to publish content from Actinic up onto the web - but after some correspondance with yourself and the Actinic message board i managed to get files to upload.

Now i'm experiencing a new issue with the server - going the other way,
          downloading orders. Orders are made successfully on the website - but I cant
          retrieve them from within Actinic. When I click "download orders" within the
          package it produces an error box with the following message:

"Actinic received an request forbidden error from the web server. The
          server is not properly configured to allow Actinic to run CGI scripts from
          the cgi-bin. Run Web | Configure Web Site Details... to review your web
          site configuration."

It offers a re-try button - i keep doing this and eventually an order comes
          through but it's incomplete, so not all the details are showing. If i click
          re-try 20 plus times it's getting really old test orders we did about a
          month ago. As if it's struggling to get the orders off the site - dont know
          if this due to a timing out - or permissions error on the host? It's very
          random.

Obviously Actinic itself is out of your remit and it's nothing to do with
          you but i dont think it's an error with the software itself. It must be a
          setting to communicate with the hosting space on your server - or maybe one
          of the folders on the server are not configured with the right settings /
          permissions etc. Or just the way the server's configured causes errors with
          actinic.

I do have a screenshot of our exact hosting / network settings for Actinic -
          and the error window that comes up when trying to download orders. Can these
          be sent through or does your email software strip off attachments?

Any help or advice would really be appreciated - as the store is pretty
          useless if it cant get orders off of the server.

I'm happy to supply any code / screen shots / info that you may require. I
          can change chmod settings on folders as well if needed.

The store is housed within a folder in public_html called acatalog - and
          this is mirrored automatically within the www folder.

Thanks
          David

Comment

This is their reply:

Hello,

Since you were trying to retrieve files from the cgi-bin folder "acatalog" needs to be in the cgi-bin folder. But we checked and found that it was at the level of cgi-bin and not inside the cgi-bin folder.

We have now copied it under your cgi-bin folder with appropriate ownership and permissions.Please check if it works for you now.

Feel free to contact us if you need more assistance or information.

And i'm still getting error messages....... I'm right in saying that the cgi-bin folder shouldnt have acatalog in it right? They shouldnt of done the above?

Comment

Email actinic support and get them to take a look. Your hosts are miles off track and it's clear that there's something strange going on with your setup.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Working...
              X