Removing 'acatalog' directory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing 'acatalog' directory

I want to have all my web pages sitting in the top-level directory of my site, rather than in the strangely named 'acatalog'.

Can anyone tell me:
    1. Is it is possible?
    2. Are there any reasons not to do it?
    3. How do I do it?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

David

Take a look at this thread :

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...&threadid=4345

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks for the response Jan.

I checked out the links you suggested, but ended up more confused than when I started. One guy said that having a product in a sub-directory automatically reduces Google's PageRanging by 1. Which seems reason enough to get my pages out of the 'acatalog' folder.

I checked out your site and I see you're using the 'acatalog' directory. I had a look at a site of someone else who's said he's successfully taken his pages out, but none of his links work.

Is there anyone out there who has successfully managed to get their product pages in the top-level directory? I don't want to mess around with the site if it's going to cause me a barrow-load of grief.

As ever - any advice would be much appreciated.

David

Comment

One guy said that having a product in a sub-directory automatically reduces Google's PageRanging by 1. Which seems reason enough to get my pages out of the 'acatalog' folder.
        I wouldn't pay this too much attention. Google assigns pagerank based on links to the page and doesn't care whether it's in a sub-directory or not.

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

You're probably right - you read so many conflicting stories about the mysteries of climbing Google's greasy pole.

But I'd like to make my url's as simple and short as possible. And having '/acatalog/' sit between the domain name and the product page just gets in the way.

If it's not that easy, I'll have to live with it. But if there's relatively painless way of getting rid of the directory, I'll give it a go.

Has anyone come across a site that's managed to ditch 'acatalog'?

David

Comment

Working...
          X