Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we make How Did You Find Our Site Compulsory

Hello,

Just wondering if we can make the 'How Did You Find Our Site' field in the checkout a compulsory field?

Alec
    Alec Moss
    Business Webpage Ltd
    Web Design
    Starter Websites

Hi Alec,

If you go into Design | Text | Web Site (Cont) | General Information ... You will find 'User Definable 1' which would have 'Show' ticked and the 'Required' box unticked, on the right you will see 'How did you find our Site?' in the 'Prompt' field. Check the "Required' check box and click on 'Apply', then do an update of the site and the question will be a required field.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks !

Thanks very much for that...

You never stop learning do you!
      Alec Moss
      Business Webpage Ltd
      Web Design
      Starter Websites

Comment

I've done some tinkering with these questions at checkout and found I get better quality responses by making the question(s) optional, without actually stating that it's optional.

From a personal point of view if a website forces me to answer this sort of question then I lie!

Also, change it from the default 'How did you find our site' to something along the lines of 'How did you find our site (eg word of mouth, search engine, instore advert)' - it's surprising the number of people who reply with just 'good'.

Comment

Working...
        X