X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Line breaks in brochure fragments

Good day all,

I have a problem....

I would like to be able to implement line breaks in the contents of a brochure fragment if possible. You'd think that just entering the text like that (i.e. one sentence placed directly beneath the other) would do the trick, wouldn't you? But no.... I know I can achieve it with embedded HTML but since our aim in life is to make maintenance of shops as easy as possible for the customer, I would prefer to avoid this particular technique.

In a perfect world, I would like to be able to edit whatever controls this behaviour (for various other reasons) but a quick scan of the Perl scripts leads me to suspect that it's something embedded within Actinic.

Can anyone help? Perhaps Actinic could tell me if editing of the control is possible?

Many thanks.
    OXLink Web Design (Oxford)
    Actinic developers since version 3
    01865 361696

Scratch some of that

Hello again,

Have managed to do something about the line break issue (I think - not entirely tested yet) but, for other reasons, would still like to know if gaining access to the script (or whatever) that controls the paragraph formatting behaviour in brochure fragments is possible.

Cheers.
    OXLink Web Design (Oxford)
    Actinic developers since version 3
    01865 361696

Comment

Angi,

not sure what is going on here. The default action of a fragment is as you describe (line spacing of plain text entered in the text box is maintained on the website).

Are you combining plain text and html within the same fragment?
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
      X