• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extra fields on Order details

Hi all,
    I have a dilema... as an example, here are some details on my product:
    short description: Product A
    full description: pack size: 6, mfg Ref: 12345

When I add 'Product A' to my cart, and from that point forward, I need to see it's full description as well as short description on all the pages: Order Details, Shopping Cart, Checkout, Order Reciept and retrieved orders.

At the moment, all I see is the short description everywhere. Is there a way to include full description to all pages?

I don't really want to append the pack size and the ref no to the product name as some of the names are quite long anyway.

I hope there is an easy way to apply this to the whole site. Any suggestions are appreciated.
    Last edited by Fara; 09-Sep-2005, 10:45 PM. Reason: spelling

You could add a non optional component to your product and put this information there, then you will see this information in the places that you need it, on a separate line below the item.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I think I've something on www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuff that will help.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Extra fields on order lines

Thanks both for your contribution. I tried the first method: non optional components. That seems to be 90% satisfactory apart from some display issues. I am importing over 3000 line of products from a flat file. Will I be able to import the component properties via the same file or do I now have to have a hierarchical file? I couldn't make sence of the help file as it was refering to x, y, z elements.

valid field: Pricing model
        This feature becomes active when a component is added to a product.

X = Product Price
        Y = Sum of Components Prices
        Z = Sum of Product and Components Prices

Thanks.

I still haven't tried the extended information route.

Comment

ActinicSCCode.fil

Hello again,
          I began to go down the path of trying the patches and displaying the 'Report Description' everywhere. However, I can not find ActinicSCCode.fil anywhere on my PC. Does this file no longer exist with version 7?

Thanks once again for any help.

Comment

This patch was done in the V5 and V5 era. V7 is unfortunately quite different from earlier versions in this area. As I said on the page
            I've not done this for V6 yet (and may never unless someone pays me).
            and I'm afraid it's the same for V7. It shouldn't be too big a patch but you'd have to contact me by email if you want further help.
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
            X